AUSTIN, TX — Class VII of Texas Brigades’ W.I.L.D. Program has officially graduated! Students gave their final presentations at the Texas State Capitol in front of a panel of professionals in the wildlife, natural resources, and legislative fields. Afterward, students, parents, and other Texas Brigades supporters gathered for a graduation ceremony at the stunning Warren Wildlife Gallery to celebrate Class VII’s accomplishments.
Upon selection to the W.I.L.D. Program, students in Class VII were tasked with choosing and researching a piece of current natural resources legislation throughout the duration of the program. Based on their research, they identified potential stakeholders in Texas, and chose a specific stakeholder that they personally felt was most deserving of the benefits, should the legislation be passed. Then, each student presented their case before a panel of industry professionals and legislators in Austin. The professional panel included:
- Moderator: David Yeates (CEO, Texas Wildlife Association)
- Jennifer Neuhaus (Board Member, National Fish & Wildlife Foundation)
- Peyton Schumann (Governmental Affairs, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association)
- Representative Erin Zweiner (Texas House, District 45)
- Brent Leisure (COO, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department)
- Allison Winney (Director of Intergovernmental Affairs, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department)
- Clayton Wolf (Director of Wildlife, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department)
- Kaleb McLaurin (Executive Director of Government and Public Affairs, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association)
Following their presentations, students were provided with valuable feedback and a chance to network with the panelists. Students also made trips around the Capitol to visit with their hometown representatives. Later in the afternoon, the students, their parents, and supporters of Texas Brigades gathered at Warren Wildlife Gallery for a short graduation ceremony and send off.
Thank you to all of our professional panelists for the invaluable feedback for our students, and the Warren Wildlife Gallery for hosting our graduation at your beautiful facility! We are so proud of our student’s accomplishments over the past academic year, and wish them luck in their future endeavors!
Program Manager, Texas Brigades