Summer Camps Selection Process
Admission to a Texas Brigades Summer Camp is COMPETITIVE. All applications submitted before 11:59pm on March 15th (on-time applications) are considered equally. On-time applications are pooled by camp preferences and evaluated by each camp’s committee for selection. Applications are “blind”, meaning no identifying information is provided to the committees prior to selection. Depending on each camp’s capacity, the top 25 – 30 cadet applicants are selected. If an applicant is not selected for their first-choice camp, their application will automatically be forwarded to their second and/or third choice camp for consideration. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by April 15th.
Applications received after the March 15th deadline (late applications) are automatically placed on the General Waitlist and will be offered Cadet positions if they become available.
Upon selection, the applicant will be required to submit the following:
- Written Confirmation of Attendance (by May 1, 2022)
- $100 Non-Refundable Deposit (by May 15, 2022)
- Complete Releases in CampDoc portal & Pay full Tuition Balance (see below)
- May 27, 2022: Rolling Plains Bobwhite Brigade, South Texas Buckskin Brigade, South Texas Bobwhite Brigade, South Texas Ranch Brigade
- June 27, 2022: Bass Brigade, Waterfowl Brigade, Ranch Brigade, North Texas Buckskin Brigade, Coastal Brigade
Missing any of the above-stated deadlines without communicated variance from Texas Brigades will automatically move your application to a waitlist.
*Deadlines updated on 1/18/22