Texas Brigades Wildlife Camps
The Texas Brigades offers five types of outdoor camps for our youth. Each camp not only teaches the cadets about wildlife conservation, but also about how to become a leader in today's society. Cadets will learn about plant ID, shooting and angling skills, radio telemetry, public speaking, and even television and radio interview skills.
To find out more about a particular camp, click on the links below:
- WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS? All students with an interest in biology, wildlife, fisheries, conservation, or the outdoors are encouraged to apply. You must be 13-17 years of age and you should also be willing to commit to conducting a minimum of three educational programs when you return home.
- HOW MANY CADETS ARE AT THE CAMP? Each camp is a little different because of facilities. There will be 20-30 cadets at each.
- WHERE WILL THE CAMPS BE HELD?
- South Texas Buckskin Brigade - Southern Star Ranch, Uvalde, TX
- Rolling Plains Bobwhite Brigade - Centennial Lodge, Coleman, TX
- South Texas Bobwhite Brigade - 74 Ranch, Campbellton, TX
- North Texas Buckskin Brigade - El Escondrijo, San Angelo, TX
- Bass Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
- Waterfowl Brigade - BigWoods on the Trinity, Tennessee Colony, TX
- Ranch Brigade - Camp Buckner, Burnet, TX
- HOW DO I APPLY? Applications may be submitted online or printed from this website and submitted (available January 2013). Or, you may obtain an application by contacting Helen Holdsworth or Kassi Scheffer.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Snail Mail:
2800 NE Loop 410, Ste.105
San Antonio, TX, 78218
Applications are due March, 15, 2013.
- IS THERE A FEE? Yes. The fee is $400, which covers meals, lodging, and supplies. We encourage you to solicit all or part of your fee from your local Soil and Water Conservation District, bank, civic group, or conservation organization. The Brigades will help you locate a sponsor if requested. Don't let money stop you from applying! We will help you find financial assistance. Click Here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.