Texas Brigades Wildlife Camps
The Texas Brigades offers six types of outdoor camps for our youth. Each camp not only teaches the cadets about habitat management and natural resource conservation, but also about how to become a leader in today's society. Cadets will learn about plant ID, shooting and angling, radio telemetry, public speaking, and even television and radio interview skills.
To find out more about a particular camp, click on the links below:
- WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
All students with an interest in biology, wildlife, fisheries, conservation, or the outdoors are encouraged to apply. You must be 13-17 years of age and you should also be willing to commit to conducting a minimum of three educational programs when you return home.
- HOW MANY CADETS ARE AT THE CAMP? Each camp is a little different because of facilities. There will be 20-30 cadets at each.
- WHERE WILL THE CAMPS BE HELD?
Rolling Plains Bobwhite Brigade - Centennial Lodge, Coleman, TX
South Texas Buckskin Brigade - Welder Wildlife Refuge, Sinton, TX
South Texas Bobwhite Brigade - Buck Horn Creek Ranch, McCoy, TX
Bass Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
Ranch Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
North Texas Buckskin Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
Waterfowl Brigade - BigWoods on the Trinity, Tennessee Colony, TX
Coastal Brigade - Sea Scout Base, Galveston, TX
- HOW DO I APPLY? We prefer you to apply online, via our website. By clicking the appropriate application link, you will be directed to the online application. Once submitted, you should receive a confirmation email within 72 hours. If you have trouble with the online application, you may obtain a copy by contacting the Texas Brigades office. If you have obtained a paper copy, you may submit via email.
Phone: 855-TXBRIGS or (210) 556-1391 E-mail: email@example.com
Or Mail to:
3660 Thousand Oaks Dr., Ste.126
San Antonio, TX, 78247
- IS THERE A FEE? Yes. The fee of $500 covers all meals, lodging, and supplies. We encourage you to solicit all or part of your fee from your local Soil and Water Conservation District, bank, civic group, or conservation organization. The Brigades will help you locate a sponsor, if requested. An application for Camp Tuition Financial Assistance can be found here Don't let money stop you from applying! We will help you find financial assistance.