We're so glad you're here! Below you'll find the link to fill out an adult and/or youth application. If you choose to apply by mail, there is a link to download a hard copy application to mail to office headquarters. The Cadet Application requires completion of two essay questions. We strongly encourage cadet applicants to start this application well before the deadline.
When applying, please only apply using one format, either entirely online or by mail.
Application deadline March 16, 2015*
*Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on March 16, 2015. Mailed applications must be postmarked by March 16, 2015.
You can apply for camps in the following way*:
- Online - Click Apply Online! to create an account and submit your application online.
- By Mail - Click here to download an application.
- WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS? All students with an interest in biology, wildlife, fisheries, conservation, or the outdoors are encouraged to apply. You must be 13-17 years of age and you should also be willing to commit to conducting a minimum of three educational programs when you return home.
- HOW MANY CADETS ARE AT THE CAMP? Each camp is a little different because of facilities. There will be 20-30 cadets at each.
- WHERE WILL THE CAMPS BE HELD?
- Rolling Plains Bobwhite Brigade - Centennial Lodge, Coleman, TX
- South Texas Buckskin Brigade - Southern Star Ranch, Uvalde, TX
- South Texas Bobwhite Brigade - Buck Horn Creek Ranch, McCoy, TX
- Bass Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
- Ranch Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
- North Texas Buckskin Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
- Waterfowl Brigade - BigWoods on the Trinity, Tennessee Colony, TX
- HOW DO I APPLY? Applications may be submitted online or printed from this website and submitted. Or, you may obtain an application by contacting Helen Holdsworth or Kassi Scheffer.
- IS THERE A FEE? Yes. The fee is $400, which covers meals, lodging, and supplies. We encourage you to solicit all or part of your fee from your local Soil and Water Conservation District, bank, civic group, or conservation organization. The Brigades will help you locate a sponsor if requested. Don't let money stop you from applying! We will help you find financial assistance.