Applications and Financial Assistance
Applications for the 2016 season will be available no later than January 2016. If you would like to receive information in the future about Texas Brigade camps, please follow the link below and request that we add you to our prospect list for next year.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS? All students with an interest in biology, wildlife, fisheries, conservation, or the outdoors are encouraged to apply. You must be 13-17 years of age and you should also be willing to commit to conducting a minimum of three educational programs when you return home.
- HOW MANY CADETS ARE AT THE CAMP? Each camp is a little different because of facilities. There will be 20-30 cadets at each.
- WHERE WILL THE CAMPS BE HELD?
- Rolling Plains Bobwhite Brigade - Centennial Lodge, Coleman, TX
- South Texas Buckskin Brigade - Southern Star Ranch, Uvalde, TX
- South Texas Bobwhite Brigade - Buck Horn Creek Ranch, McCoy, TX
- Bass Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
- North Texas Buckskin Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
- Ranch Brigade - Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, TX
- Waterfowl Brigade - BigWoods on the Trinity, Tennessee Colony, TX
- HOW DO I APPLY? Applications may be submitted online or printed from this website and submitted. Or, you may obtain an application by contacting Helen Holdsworth or Zelina Alvarado.
- IS THERE A FEE? Yes. The fee is $400, which covers meals, lodging, and supplies. We encourage you to solicit all or part of your fee from your local Soil and Water Conservation District, bank, civic group, or conservation organization. The Brigades will help you locate a sponsor if requested. Don't let money stop you from applying! We will help you find financial assistance.